Supervisors of Safety-Sensitive workers who are covered by the FAA Drug and Alcohol Testing Program.
Supervisors will be able to:
1. Identify the indicators of probable drug use and/or alcohol misuse.
2. Understand the supervisor’s responsibilities in the overall compliance program.
3. Recall the signs and symptoms of illegal drug use and alcohol misuse.
4. Define the supervisor’s role within the process for testing an employee based on reasonable cause/suspicion.
5. Identify the steps of confronting an employee upon observation of the indicators of probable illegal drug use or alcohol misuse.
6. Participate in an interactive scenario to make a determination to conduct a test.
7. Recognize the importance of record keeping and appropriate documentation.
8. Review questions that were asked by supervisors in other companies and the answers, and ask their own questions via the “Help & Questions” feature of the course.
9. Demonstrate a good understanding of the course material by passing a quiz. Click here to see details of the quiz process using proprietary relearn technology.
This course focuses on increasing competence and confidence in knowing when and how to take action. Real world examples and practical tools are provided to help the supervisor implement these requirements.
All supervisors should have successfully completed the Employee Training course beforehand.
This course may be used for meeting the initial training and recurrent training requirements specified in the FAA regulations. Supervisor initial training should be completed within a reasonable time of first performing supervisory duties (e.g. 30 days), and mandatory recurrent training should be conducted on an annual basis.
To experience the course, take a sample demo here. This
sample demo contains some pages from existing courses. The Help&Questions feature has been disabled.
There is no cost or obligation to view this course sample.
The course sample must viewed in Internet Explorer to work properly.